1. Before Jesus went back to heaven, what promise did He make? (John 14:3)
2. To what “blessed hope” did the apostle Paul look forward? (Titus 2:13)
3. Jesus came once already to bear the sins of many. Unto whom will He come the second time? (Hebrews 9:28)
“For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.” Matthew 16:27.
“Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not:behold, your God will come . . . he will come and save you.” Isaiah 35:4.
4. The disciples understood that Jesus’ coming would mark what point in the world’s history? (Matthew 24:3)
5. Why is it important for us to know the vital details about how Jesus will come? (Matthew 24:24)
The first chapter of Acts describes how Jesus went back to heaven. Notice the emphasis on the fact that the disciples actually watched Him go up:
“while they beheld” (verse 9) “their sight” (verse 9) “while they looked” (verse 10) “gazing” (verse 11) “ye have seen him go” (verse 11)
6. What were they then told about the manner in which He will return? (Acts 1:11)
7. How many people will see Jesus coming? (Revelation 1:7)
8. How easy will it be to see Him? (Matthew 24:27)
9. Who will come with Jesus? (Matthew 25:31)
10. How many angels are there? (Revelation 5:11)
11. What effect can the sight of one angel have upon humans? (Matthew 28:2-4)
The coming of Jesus with all His angels will be literally earth shattering. Notice Revelation’s description:
“And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” Revelation 6:14-17.
“And there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. . . . And the cities of the nations fell. . . . And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent.” Revelation 16:18-20.
12. What did Jesus say to do when they tell you that He is coming secretly? (Matthew 24:26)
“Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.” Psalm 50:3-5.
13. All the tribes of the earth will mourn as they see Jesus doing what? (Matthew 24:30)
14. What will they be mourning? (Jeremiah 8:20)
“And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds.” Mark 13:27.
15. The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a what? (1 Thessalonians 4:16)
“I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth.” Isaiah 43:6.
16. As Jesus descends, what is the first thing that will happen? (1 Thessalonians 4:16)
17. Then what will happen to the righteous who are alive? (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
18. Where will we meet the Lord? (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” John 14:3.
19. Where is the place Jesus has promised to prepare for us? (John 14:2)
20. Where is His Father’s house? (Matthew 7:21)
21. So where is our inheritance? (1 Peter 1:4)
“Behold, your reward is great in heaven.” Luke 6:23.
22. What will be heard as the angels gather together His elect? (Matthew 24:31)
23. Whether alive or asleep, what will happen to all the righteous when the trumpet sounds? (1 Corinthians 15:51, 52)
24. This corruptible will put on what? (1 Corinthians 15:53)
25. This mortal will put on what? (1 Corinthians 15:53)
26. Death will be swallowed up in what? (1 Corinthians 15:54)
“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” 1 Corinthians 15:55.
27. What must we do now in order to stand before Him then? (1 John 2:28)
28. What does every man do that has this hope in Him? (1 John 3:3)
29. What offer does the Lord make to every sinner? (Isaiah 27:5)
30. Then when Jesus comes, what will we be able to say? (Isaiah 25:9)
In the Light of God’s Word…
I understand that Jesus will come again, not silently or secretly, but with power and great glory, to take His redeemed ones home.
I desire to be ready to meet Jesus, and go to heaven with Him when He comes.