1. Who owns the world? Psalm 24:1
2. What does God claim as His? Psalm 50:10
3. What about the world’s wealth? Haggai 2:8
4. The kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a far country, who did what? Matthew 25:14
We are “stewards of the mysteries of God.” 1 Corinthians 4:1.
5. What happens to treasures laid up on earth? Matthew 6:19
6. What are we to do with the treasures entrusted to us? Matthew 6:20
7. What do our investments show? Matthew 6:21
8. If our heart is with the Lord, what question will we ask? Psalm 116:12
9.What will we bring when we come into His courts? Psalm 96:8
10. How much offering shall we give? Deuteronomy 16:17
11. What happens when we give? Luke 6:38
12. Wherein have some robbed God? Malachi 3:8
Notice that tithe and offerings are two different things.
13. What happens if I rob God? Malachi 3:9
14. To whom does the tithe belong? Leviticus 27:30
15. What are we to do with what belongs to God? Matthew 22:21
16. Ought we to tithe as well as perform the weightier matters of the law? Matthew 23:23
17. How should we feel about anything we give to God? 1 Chronicles 29:14 (last half)
18. What did Abraham give Melchizedek? Genesis 14:20
Jesus is “made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.” Hebrews 6:20. Notice that tithing was practiced by God’s people even before the Levitical priesthood came into existence.
19. How much is a tithe? Hebrews 7:1, 2
20. How much shall be holy unto the Lord? Leviticus 27:32
21. What did Jacob vow to God? Genesis 28:22
22. Do we return God’s tithe after we have paid everything else, or do we return His tithe first? Proverbs 3:9
23. To whom were Israel’s tithes given? Numbers 18:24
24. What service did they perform which qualified them to receive tithes? Numbers 18:21
25. Even so hath the Lord ordained that who should live of the gospel? 1 Corinthians 9:13, 14
26. Bring ye all the tithes into what? Malachi 3:10
27. That there may be meat in what? Malachi 3:10
“The house of God…is the church of the living God.” 1 Timothy 3:15.
28. If we faithfully return His tithe, what will God do? Malachi 3:10—Malachi 3:11
29. What else does He promise? Proverbs 3:10
30. What is one way of laying up treasure in heaven? Matthew 19:21
31. How does that kind of investment bring returns? Proverbs 19:17
32. What should we remember about God? Deuteronomy 8:18
33. If we don’t have as much wealth as we would like, what should we do? Hebrews 13:5
“Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.” Proverbs 15:16.
“He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?” Ecclesiastes 5:10, 11.
“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.” 1 Timothy 6:6-11.
34. What should we concentrate on? And what is promised? Matthew 6:33
In the Light of God’s Word…
I understand that God has designated the tithe for the support of the gospel ministry, and that a tenth of my increase belongs to Him for that purpose.
I understand that God also asks for freewill offerings according as He has blessed me, and that these offerings reveal the condition of my heart toward Him. I choose to faithfully return to God His tithe and my offerings, because of my love for Him.