1. When a man dies, where does he go? Job 21:32
2. The wicked are reserved there until they will be brought forth to what? Job 21:30
“So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.” Job 14:12.
3. Job said he would wait in the grave until what came? Job 14:13, 14
“We shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52.
4. At what event will they that are Christ’s be made alive? 1 Corinthians 15:22, 23
5. Has David already gone to heaven? Acts 2:34
6. Where is David now? Acts 2:29
7. What has become of him? Acts 13:36
8. How will God awaken the dead? 1 Thessalonians 4:16
“And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds.” Matthew 24:31.
9. Until then, where do the dead wait? Job 17:13
10. Where did Jesus say the dead are? John 5:28
11. What words did Jesus use to say that his friend was dead? John 11:11
12. How did David refer to his death? Psalm 13:3
13. What words did Paul use to say that some of those who saw Jesus were now dead? 1 Corinthians 15:6
14. If there were no resurrection, what would happen to all who have fallen asleep? 1 Corinthians 15:18
15. When Jesus awoke from death, how did He say that He had not yet been to heaven? John 20:17
16. How much does a dead man know? Ecclesiastes 9:5
17. What happens to his feelings and emotions? Ecclesiastes 9:6
18. What happens to all his thoughts? Psalm 146:4
19. What can we do while we are alive? Psalm 146:2
20. Can dead people praise the Lord? Psalm 115:17
“The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day.” Isaiah 38:19.
21. Can the dead thank God or even remember Him? Psalm 6:5
22. Why will many people perish? 2 Thessalonians 2:10
23. If we haven’t learned to love the truth while we are alive, can we get it in the grave? Isaiah 38:18
24. How then should we use the short time in which we are alive? Ecclesiastes 9:10
25. Why is it so important to do it now? Ecclesiastes 9:10
(For further study on this subject see the Information Booklet “B” entitled, A Closer Look.)
In the Light of God’s Word…
I understand that the dead are unconscious in the grave, awaiting either the resurrection of life or the resurrection of damnation.